|Controller topology, lists and relations
- Choose "new" on the right list (right-click) after having selected "Signal groups" on the left list.
- Give the numbers of different signal heads. They can be modified after-wards, including adding and deleting.
- Define Name, Type, tMinGreen, tMinRed, tGR
Parallel detectors are physical detectors connected to the controller by
cables: 1 input per detector.
- Choose "new" on the right list (right-click) after having selected
"Detectors, parallel" on the left list.
- Give the numbers of the next group of detectors to be created.
Additional groups can be created from within the panel.
Serial detectors are logical detectors extracted from a PT detection system. This example does not use serial detectors.
- Set an "X" on each conflict by clicking on a white field.
Phase change matrix
- Set the clearing time on each conflict.
Signal timing plan
- Set cycle time (tC) first to 127 s, assign the corresponding phase change matrix
- Define the signal timing plan according to the fixed-time plan within VISSIM; add a new timing information by clicking and dragging the mouse while the control key is pressed; alternatively the numerical val-ues at the right side can be input.
- Define additional information as
- tPON: point of time for program switch on
- tPOFF: point of time for program switch off
- tPCHG: point of time for best program change
- You can define the plan directly from the VISSIM ".inp file" values:
|-- Signal Controlled Junctions (SCJ): --
SCJ 1 NAME "" TYPE FIXED_TIME CYCLE_TIME 127.0 OFFSET 0.0 SZPCONF_FILE "xxm.szp"
SIGNAL_GROUP 1 NAME "«Î÷Ö±" SCJ 1 RED_END 52.0 GREEN_END 76.0 RED_END 100.0 GREEN_END 122.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_HEAD 4 NAME "" LABEL 0.00 0.00 SCJ 1 GROUP 1 POSITION LINK 66 LANE 1 AT 236.986 VEHICLE_CLASSES 6
SIGNAL_HEAD 26 NAME "" LABEL 0.00 0.00 SCJ 1 GROUP 1 POSITION LINK 46 LANE 1 AT 3.376 VEHICLE_CLASSES 5
SIGNAL_HEAD 25 NAME "" LABEL 0.00 0.00 SCJ 1 GROUP 1 POSITION LINK 45 LANE 1 AT 5.420 VEHICLE_CLASSES 5
SIGNAL_HEAD 3 NAME "" LABEL 0.00 0.00 SCJ 1 GROUP 1 POSITION LINK 4 LANE 1 AT 106.152 VEHICLE_CLASSES ALL
SIGNAL_HEAD 2 NAME "" LABEL 0.00 0.00 SCJ 1 GROUP 1 POSITION LINK 4 LANE 2 AT 106.009 VEHICLE_CLASSES ALL
SIGNAL_GROUP 2 NAME "«Î÷×ó" SCJ 1 RED_END 52.0 GREEN_END 95.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_GROUP 3 NAME "ÄÏ±±Ö±" SCJ 1 RED_END 1.0 GREEN_END 22.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_GROUP 4 NAME "ÄÏ±±×ó" SCJ 1 RED_END 27.0 GREEN_END 47.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_GROUP 5 NAME "" SCJ 1 RED_END 100.0 GREEN_END 122.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_GROUP 6 NAME "" SCJ 1 RED_END 81.0 GREEN_END 95.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_GROUP 7 NAME "" SCJ 1 RED_END 1.0 GREEN_END 22.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_GROUP 8 NAME "" SCJ 1 RED_END 27.0 GREEN_END 47.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_GROUP 91 NAME "" SCJ 1 RED_END 100.0 GREEN_END 122.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_GROUP 95 NAME "" SCJ 1 RED_END 100.0 GREEN_END 122.0 TRED_AMBER 0.0 TAMBER 5.0
SIGNAL_HEAD 7 NAME "" LABEL 0.00 0.00 SCJ 1 GROUP 95 POSITION LINK 10017 LANE 1 AT 6.832 VEHICLE_CLASSES 3
- Define the display elements for VS-PLUS. In our example, each display element maps a signal head without exception.
Define GP phases (General Purpose – car traffic) and standard PT phases.
- Assign a display element per phase.
Define GP detectors (General Purpose – car traffic) and standard PT
- Assign a phase per detector.
- Certain detector have no detector assignment – these detectors are not usable for VS-PLUS control.
|VS-PLUS parameters: detectors
- Set unused detectors to INACTIVE
- Set Occ_type (detector call mode) to "impulse with occupation", i.e. the detector calls at each rising slope or in case of a continuous occupation. Impulse call only does not call when the frame signal enables calling and there is already a continuous occupation.
- Set Tocc (Occupancy time) to the time after which a continuously
occupied detector calls.
- Set Gap time defining how long a detector continues calling after having been left by the car.
- This value is in function of the distance of the detector to the stop bar: when the last car leaves the detector, the signal stays green another 3s in order to allow the car to pass the stop bar.
- Another reason for setting this value is ignoring gaps between following cars, i.e. deciding how large a gap can be to be
- Assign correct functionality to the detectors (check-in or check-out)
- Set rest time to 2 seconds in order to avoid oscillations due to hangers or malfunctioning detectors
- Define when the detector can stop a conflicting phase in case of PT pri-ority (not used at the moment)
|VS-PLUS parameters: phases
- Define the conflicts between VS-PLUS phases. As the VS-PLUS phases base 1:1 on the signal heads (in this example), the matrix looks like the one shown in chapter 1.4 on page 7.
|VS-PLUS parameters: permissive period plan
- Assign signal plan and calculate initial permissive period plan:
- Modify the plan to the desired structure, taking into account the picture parameters introduced in the next chapter:
|VS-PLUS parameters: picture parameters
- As there shall be no public transport priority, set the sequence number of PE 3 to 0 and the PE value of PE 3 to "INACTIVE".
- Define minor phases for each main phase; pointer delays remain 0.
- Main series for the other classes do not exist in the present example.
Minor phases without call
- Define all phases which are called automatically with another phase, e.g. when Phase 1 gets green, phases 5, 91 and 95 will also get green.
|VS-PLUS parameters: phase change parameters
Phase change matrix
- Assign the controller phase change matrix and import its times, if
|Parameter set definitions
- Set all parameter set definitions, except for the PTmod parameters that we don't use here.
Detector parameters (DP)
|Exporting the VS-PLUS parameters to the controller
- Export CSV first, then choose
- VCE for an export to VISSIM
- VCB for an export to the controller
The files will be written to the intersection file directory. The name equals the intersection name in the tree, i.e.
Please use the contact
form in order to receive more information about this